Date: XV century. The end of the 15th c. 1481.
Iconographic school/art center: Dionysius and his workshop
Material: Wood, tempera
Dimensions: height 197 cm, width 152 cm
The central part of the icon shows the full-length figure of Metropolitan Alexis; he is blessing with his right hand and holds a closed gospel book with his left.
1. The birth of Elephtherios (Alexis)
2. Elephtherios attends a monastic school
3. The vision of Elephtherios
4. Elephtherios takes monastic vows under the name of Alexis
5. Alexis consecrated as Bishop of Vladimir
6. The “taming” of Khan Berdibek
7. Alexis asks St. Sergius of Radonezhsky to allow his disciple Andronik be the hegumen of the Savior Monastery he himself founded
8. Andronik is being blessed for hegumenship
9. Alexis is praying at the tomb of Metropolitan Peter before heading for the Horde
10. Alexis goes to the Horde to meet Khan Berdibek.
11. Alexis heals the Khan’s wife Taidula
12. Alexis returns to Moscow
13. In anticipation of his death, Alexis proposes St. Sergius of Radonezh to be his successor
14. Alexis prepares his tomb in the Chudov monastery he himself founded
15. The entombment of Alexis
16. Uncovering of Alexis’ relics
17. The resurrection of a dead child at the Alexis tomb
18. The woman healed from blindness gives the icon of St. Alexis to the church
19. Healings at the Alexis tomb
Inv. № .Др-1100. © The State Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow
Иконопись из собрания Третьяковской галереи. М., 2008. С. 118-120.